- Soaring Guest - Train Cost per person includes our 5.5 hour zip line adventure, round-trip train ride, and a gourmet lunch
- Day Guest - Train Non-Soaring Guest • Cost per person includes round-trip train ride and a gourmet lunch
Durango Zipline Tour
Our Colorado zipline tour through the mountains of Durango, Colorado is the FIRST and LONGEST zipline in the United States.
Soaring Tree Top Adventures is remotely located on 180 private acres, completely surrounded by the mountains of the San Juan National Forest of Durango, Colorado, and is only accessible by train.
This unforgettable experience begins long before you arrive at Soaring. Your Durango zipline tour starts with a first-class train ride (Durango & Silverton train) through breathtaking mountain scenery to our remote Alpine location, including through remote Colorado mountain terrain untouched by the public.
Visitors from all over the world come to Durango for the chance to ride the D&SNG train, which is included in your full day of adventure with Soaring Tree Top Adventures. Our guests ride in luxury in their own private, first-class train cars. You’ll even traverse along the canyon along a 200’ drop to the Animas River below. It is so spectacular that this view has been featured in numerous films, including “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.”
After your arrival via the historic Durango & Silverton “Narrow Gauge” Railroad, you will be greeted by our Sky Rangers who are extensively trained for your safety and will accompany you throughout the day. You will also meet our Eco Rangers, who educate guests throughout the day on Soaring’s commitment to sustainability and preservation of the rare old-growth Ponderosa forest where our Colorado zipline and tours reside.
Soaring Guests will experience 5.5 hours of zip lining! A visit to Soaring is not complete without treating your appetite as well. Included in your full-day zip line experience is a delicious four-course gourmet lunch served on a suspended platform that overlooks the Animas River.
We have several delicious lunch options prepared on-site by our skilled chefs, including a vegetarian option and a children’s menu. Our kitchen staff is also adept at handling special dietary restrictions and food allergies with advance notice. There will be an opportunity at checkout to let us know about any food allergies.
Train Itinerary (2021 Train Schedule TBD)
- Depart from Rockwood — 9:30 a.m.
- Arrive at Soaring — 10:00 a.m.
- Depart from Soaring — 3:15 p.m.
- Arrive at Rockwood — 4:05 p.m.
Additional Pricing Details:
- This option includes your round-trip, first-class train transportation in Soaring’s private luxury train cars, 5.5 hours of ziplining across our 27 zipline spans, a four-course gourmet lunch served in the trees, your Sky Ranger guides, a complete eco-tour with our Eco Rangers while out ziplining and all of the equipment required to participate in our family-friendly zipline adventure.
- Enjoy spending time with your family as a Day Guest – You’ll be with your family on a first-class train ride and while they get in their harnesses and go through our Soaring Learning Center. You may watch and take pictures of them ziplining through the first several spans of the course, which parallels on an even footpath before the group heads into deeper woods. You’ll join your family for a four-course gourmet lunch on an elevated platform, and then you can follow along the river section in the afternoon enjoying the experience and taking pictures as they zipline back and forth across the river.
Cancellations and Changing Your Date
- Cancellations (up to 7 days in advance of your zipline date): Full refund.
- Cancellations (within 7 days of your zipline date): A fully transferable dollar credit may be used to reserve a future zipline date. Should the rate increase prior to using the credit, the guest will pay the rate difference.
- Changes to Reserved Soaring dates: Dates may be changed, subject to availability, to other dates in the same season.