- Soaring Guest - Train Cost per person includes our 5.5 hour zip line adventure, round-trip train ride, and a gourmet lunch
- Day Guest - Train Non-Soaring Guest • Cost per person includes round-trip train ride and a gourmet lunch
Durango Zipline Tour
Our Colorado zip line tour through the mountains of Durango, Colorado is the FIRST and LONGEST zip line in the United States.
Soaring Tree Top Adventures is remotely located on 180 private acres, completely surrounded by the mountains of the San Juan National Forest of Durango, Colorado, and is only accessible by train.
This unforgettable experience begins long before you arrive at Soaring. Your Durango zip line tour starts with a first class train ride (Durango & Silverton train) through breathtaking mountain scenery to our remote Alpine location, including through remote Colorado mountain terrain untouched by the public.
Visitors from all over the world come to Durango for the chance to ride the D&SNG train, which is included in your full day of adventure with Soaring Tree Top Adventures. Our guests ride in luxury in their own private, first-class train cars. You’ll even traverse along the canyon along a 200’ drop to the Animas River below. It is so spectacular that this view has been featured in numerous films, including Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
After your arrival via the historic Durango & Silverton “Narrow Gauge” Railroad, you will be greeted by our Sky Rangers who are extensively trained for your safety and will accompany you throughout the day. You will also meet our Eco Rangers, who educate guests throughout the day on Soaring’s commitment to sustainability and preservation of the rare old-growth Ponderosa forest where our Colorado zip line and tours resides.
Soaring Guests will experience 5.5 hours of zip lining! A visit to Soaring is not complete without treating your appetite as well. Included in your full-day zip line experience is a delicious four-course gourmet lunch served on a suspended platform that overlooks the Animas River.
We have several delicious lunch options prepared on site by our skilled chefs, including a vegetarian option and a children’s menu. Our kitchen staff is also adept at handling special dietary restrictions and food allergies with advance notice. There will be an opportunity at checkout to let us know about any food allergies.
Train Itinerary (2021 Train Schedule TBD)
964 County Rd 200
- Depart from Rockwood — 9:30am
- Arrive at Soaring — 10:00am
- Depart from Soaring — 3:15pm
- Arrive at Rockwood — 4:05pm
Additional Pricing Details:
- This option includes your round-trip, First Class train transportation in Soaring’s private luxury train cars, 5.5 hours of zip lining across our 27 zip line spans, a four-course gourmet lunch served in the trees, your Sky Ranger guides, a complete eco-tour with our Eco Rangers while out zip lining and all of the equipment required to participate in our family friendly zip line adventure.
- Enjoy spending time with your family as a Day Guest – You’ll be with your family on a First Class train ride and while they get in their harnesses and go through our Soaring Learning Center. You may watch and take pictures of them zip lining through the first several spans of the course, which parallels on an even footpath, before the group heads into deeper woods. You’ll join your family for a four-course gourmet lunch on an elevated platform, and then you can follow along the river section in the afternoon enjoying the experience and taking pictures as they zip line back and forth across the river.
VIP Private Tour (NEW)
- Soaring’s all-day zip line adventure in Durango, CO is offering private tours for groups of up to 20 guests. Your select group of family and friends will be the ONLY guests on our 180 acre, remote property for the entire day, allowing you to socially distance in a fun-filled, VIP zip line adventure like no other.
The customized tour allows our guests to have fun in a distanced, safe environment and enjoy their time together outdoors. Perfect for parties, team meetings, wedding groups, or families and friends just wanting to get away.
Cancelation for VIP
- Cancellations (up to 7 days in advance (VIP tours 21 days) of your zipline date): Full refund.
- Cancellations (within 7 days (VIP tours 21 days) of your zipline date): A fully transferable dollar credit may be used to reserve a future zipline date. Should the rate increase prior to using the credit, the guest will pay the rate difference
- Changes to Reserved Soaring dates: Dates may be changed, subject to availability, to other dates in the same season.